I am concerned for my employees, my friends, my loved-ones, and my clients. All of us here at Phillips Tax Service want to do our part to slow the spread of COVID 19 in our community. We believe that it is our responsibility to act proactively rather than risk spreading the virus.
Therefore, we are asking for your help. Instead of seeing clients in the office, we are asking you to drop-off or mail all of your “important tax documents” and any other relevant documentation to us.
- For people dropping off, there are two secure options. 1. We have a thin drop-slot in the painted-on mailbox on the outside of the building. 2. We will also be using the vestibule in our employee entrance to accept larger packages. Envelopes and pens will also be available in the vestibule.
- Please include your name, best phone number, email address, and preferred preparer on the outside of the envelope containing your documents.
- For people mailing in, please put your contact information in front of your documents. If you need a mailing envelope, please contact us and we will send one to you. We will call or email you when your paperwork arrives.
- If you have a scheduled appointment, please make sure we have your information at least one day prior to the appointment. We will work on your return during your appointment and call you after we have done the initial data entry. I anticipate we will call approximately 30 minutes after your appointment time.
- Once your returns are complete, we will make arrangements with you regarding getting signatures and payment.
- If you would prefer to get an extension, we will be happy to file one for you.
We are going to do our best to take care of your tax needs with the same diligence, integrity, and compassion you know us for. Please be patient with us if things don’t go as smoothly as we plan.
On a more personal note, those of you who know me know that I believe in the power of hugs.
I hope you can feel the virtual germ-free hug I am sending. And know that with this hug, I send a prayer for your health and well-being.
Peg Phillips, CPA
Phillips Tax Service uses the best tax preparation software along with current tax law updates for our preparers. We also offer electronic filing products.
Our staff is trained, tested and licensed. We are qualified to prepare special state forms such as the Circuit Breaker and Property Tax Assessment Freeze Forms.